Harry Dreyfuss says Kevin Spacey sexually assaulted him when his father was in the same room
by Jay Greenberg, guest writer
As accusation of sex abuse, rape, and sexual misconducted flood in against Hollywood elite Kevin Spacey, Richard Dreyfuss’s son is the latest victim to accuse the Oscar-winning actor of sexually abusing him.
Harry Dreyfuss has accused the House of Cards star of sexually assaulting him when he was a teenager while his father was in the same room.
He said Spacey folded the teen’s genitals while they were rehearsing for a play whilst his oblivious father was unaware of the attack.
In a first-hand account for BuzzFeed News, he writes that the trio was on a sofa in Spacey’s flat rehearsing lines from the script when the disgraced star put his hand on his thigh.
He says Richard, best known for his roles in Jaws, The Goodbye Girl and Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, was unaware of what was going on.
“I thought, surely he can’t be coming on to me like this right in front of my dad… But his hand stayed there.”
The high school senior says he got up and moved away from Spacey twice, but claims both times the actor followed him and “slid his hand between my right-hand right leg”.
“Over the course of about 20 seconds, centimeter by centimeter, Kevin crawled his hand from my thigh over toward my crotch.
“I stopped reading the script and my eyes went wide. I lifted up my head and faced him. Looking into his eyes, I gave the most meager shake of my head that I could manage.”
He explained that his dad had seen “none of this” because he was “deeply focused on his script” and he didn’t want to tell him because Spacey was his boss at the time.
Richard, now 70, confirmed to BuzzFeed that he was oblivious and it wasn’t until several years later that Harry made the admission.
He stood by him in a defiant Twitter post earlier today, writing:
“I love my son @harrydreyfuss more than I could explain with all the words in the world. And I am so incredibly proud of him right now.”
I love my son @harrydreyfuss more than I could explain with all the words in the world. And I am so incredibly proud of him right now. https://t.co/iLOxTxPe4n
— Richard Dreyfuss (@RichardDreyfuss) November 5, 2017
Spacey’s lawyer Bryan Freedman told BuzzFeed, his client denied the allegation.
It comes as Netflix announced it would be cutting ties with the House of Cards actor.
The Academy Award-winning actor became ensnared in Hollywood’s fast-growing sexual harassment crisis after actor Anthony Rapp alleged Spacey made sexual advances toward him in 1986 when Rapp was 14.
Spacey has said he doesn’t remember the alleged encounter reported by BuzzFeed News last weekend but apologized if such “drunken behavior” occurred.
The story spurred several others to come forward with similar allegations about Spacey.
The Met Police are reportedly investigating Spacey for a 2008 sexual assault after a 23-year-old actor says he woke up to find the star performing a sex act on him at his London home.
Spacey is the latest high profile Hollywood figure to lose work and standing in a wave that began when dozens of sexual harassment allegations were reported last month against film mogul Harvey Weinstein.
Weinstein is under investigation in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, London and New York for possible criminal cases after several women accused him of sexual assault or rape.