Ginger is a miraculous spice has been used medicinally for thousands of years, and offers anti-inflammatory, anti-ulcer and antioxidant activities.
It is also considered one of the best detoxifying herbs, frequently recommended in cleansing programs and detox diets.
The detoxifying properties of ginger may be contributed to its high concentration of gingerol and shoga, which have anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic effects on the gastrointestinal system.
Using a powerful mineral base such as Epsom salts in a bathwater medium creates a process called reverse osmosis. This process pulls salt and harmful toxins out of the body and allows the magnesium and sulfates to enter into the body.
Amazing Ginger Detox Bath
- 1 c. Epsom salts (where to find)
- 1/2 cup ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp. freshly ground ginger use a muslin tea bag or tea ball (optional)
- A few drops of Ginger essential oil (where to find)
1. Fill the tub with hot water.
2. Add Epsom Salts, ginger, and essential oils. You can use either fresh grated ginger or ginger powder.
3. Soak for 15-20 minutes
Don’t be surprised if you continue sweating for a couple of hours afterwards. Make sure you drink plenty of water after the bath.