A tiny amount of mercury can contaminate a lake and, according to the EPA, cause damage to plumbing pipes and sewage treatment plants. It causes serious organ damage to the unborn, infants and children.
But, when called amalgam fillings, it is approved by the FDA, EPA and national dental organizations as safe even when mercury shows up in the urine of children.
The video below shows the conflicting messages about the real danger of mercury leaching.
Watch startling footage of where the mercury goes when an amalgam filling is rubbed with an eraser. Or heated to 110 degrees — the average temperature of coffee and tea. What about teeth grinding, drilling, and gum chewing?