The Prophecies of Mitar Tarabich: The Most Accurate Predictions
Mitar Tarabich (1829–1899), an illiterate peasant from the small Serbian village of Kremna , experienced occasional prophetic visions. Be...
- "After the assassination of the king and queen [Alexander and Draga Obrenovich], the Karageorgevichs will come to power. Then we will again start a war with the Turks. Four Christian states will attack Turkey, and our border will be on the River Lim. Then we shall finally conquer and avenge Kosovo."Historical Facts:• 1903 – Alexander and Draga Obrenovich were assassinated by their own guards, and Petar Karageorgevich became the ruler of Serbia.
• 1912 – The First Balkan War erupted between the Balkan Alliance (Serbia, Greece, Bulgaria and Montenegro) and Turkey (Ottoman Empire). The Balkan Alliance won, and Serbia moved its border up to the River Lim. Serbia gained Kosovo from the Turks.
- "Soon after this war, another war will start...the Big War in which a lot of blood will be spilled. If that blood were a river, a huge stone of 300 kilograms would roll in its current easily. A mighty army from across a river, three times bigger than ours, will attack us... They will destroy everything on their way. They penetrate deep into our land... Hard times will come upon us... Our army will almost give up, but than suddenly an intelligent man on a black stallion will take command and cry out, ’Forward to victory, my people! Forward, brother Serbs!’ Our army springs to life. Its fighting spirit wakes up and the enemy is chased away across the river..."Historical Facts:• 1914 – The Austro-Hungarian Empire started a war against Serbia after a Serb nationalist, Gavrilo Princip, assassinated the heir to the Austrian throne, Archduke Francis Ferdinand, and his wife in Sarajevo. This regional war soon developed into World War I (with 32 nations involved). In the beginning, Austria conquered the northern and central parts of Serbia easily but when General Alexandar Mishich—the man on a black stallion—took command, the Serbian armies were able to repel the Austrian invaders back across the River Drina until October 1915.
- "Then an even greater army will come from the north and run over us. Our land will be devastated. We will be dying of hunger and sickness in great numbers. For three years, Serbia will live in total darkness. During that time, our wounded army will be abroad. They will stay in a place surrounded by the sea and will be fed and nursed by friends from over the seas. Then, their wounds healed, they will come back home in ships. They will free Serbia and all of the territories where our brothers live."
• The Germans started their attack from the north and by December 1915 had defeated the Serbs. The Serbian Army and Government fled to the Greek island of Kérkira (Corfu) in 1916. There they regrouped, and after a full recovery they sailed for Salonika where they formed a new front with other allied armies. After much heavy fighting, Serbia was finally free and reunited with the other southern Slav nations (Croats and Slovenians), whose territories had been part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. During the German occupation, a large number of people in Serbia died of hunger and sickness.
- "I will tell you one more thing, father: the invading army will come to Kremna exactly on your baptismal day, stay for three years and go away on the same day they came—St Luke’s Day. But you will not see the end of the war. In the last year of the world’s big carnage, you will die. Both these wars, the one with the Turks and the big one when the whole world will be at war, will take away two of your grandchildren—one before, and the other after your death."
Historical Facts:• The Germans entered Kremna on St Luke’s Day, and the village was liberated on exactly the same date three years later. Zaharije Zaharich died in 1918, the last year of World War I, which also took the lives of two of his grandchildren—one before, and one after his death.
- "Listen to me, my good father: after the first Big War, Austria will disappear and Serbia will be as big as a real kingdom. We will live together with our northern brothers."
Historical Facts:• 1918 – The Austro-Hungarian Empire was dissolved. In December 1918 a new State, officially titled the Kingdom of the Serbs, Croats and Slovenes, was proclaimed. It was constantly riddled with economic, social and political problems caused mostly by conflicts between various nationalistic political parties.
- "For some years we shall live in peace, love and prosperity. But it will not last for long. A venomous hatred will come into our people... Blood is spilled...horrible! I do not know when or why, but it is probably because of this hatred."
Historical Facts:• Serbian domination of the government and a multiplicity of political parties, and denial of autonomy to the Croats, Slovenes and other minority groups, engendered intense political strife in the kingdom. Under the guidance of Stjepan Radich, the Croats and their allies systematically struggled against the centralist system and leadership. The first phase of the struggle ended when, in June 1928, a Montenegrin deputy in the national Parliament fatally shot Radich and two of his parliamentary colleagues. In retaliation, the Croats withdrew from the Parliament and organised a separatist regime, with headquarters in Zagreb. Civil war seemed imminent, but in January 1929 King Alexander (the Serbian king) suspended the 1921 constitution, dissolved Parliament and all political parties and assumed dictatorial control of the government. The king, thus hoping to impose national unity, subsequently abolished the traditional provinces and changed the name of the State to the Kingdom of Yugoslavia ("Land of the South Slavs").
- "Then the one who sits on the throne of our kingdom is killed. He will leave behind a widow and orphans. A relative of his will replace him on the throne, and he will try to rule justly and take good care of his cousin’s children. But people do not love him, and he is accused of being an unjust ruler. He is dethroned and imprisoned by his army. His life will be saved by England’s king and queen. Then, on the empty throne, our killed king’s boy sits. But he will rule only for a few days. He will be taken by his soldiers over the seas because our kingdom is again invaded by a foreign, evil army. All of Europe is under the rule of the crooked anti-cross."
Historical Facts:• On 9 October 1934, a Macedonian terrorist connected with Croatian separatist groups assassinated King Alexander, then in France on a diplomatic mission. The king’s son, still a youth, succeeded to the throne of Yugoslavia as Petar II. Control of the government was vested in a tripartite Regency Council headed by Prince Pavle Karageorgevich, a cousin of the late king. Because of his growing unpopularity, Pavle was ousted by his army and exiled to England. World War II started in 1939. The German Army invaded Yugoslavia in April 1941, but young King Petar fled Yugoslavia with the government ahead of the invading Nazi hordes. Most of Europe fell under Nazi occupation.
- "In the beginning, Russia will not wage war; but when attacked by the evil army, they will fight back. There is a red czar on the Russian throne."
Historical Facts:• When Nazi Germany started World War II, the USSR (Russia) remained neutral. On 22 June 1941, more than three million German troops invaded the USSR. Under Communist Party leader Joseph Stalin, the USSR fought back.
- "Here, men with stars on their foreheads will appear. They will rule Uzice and this region for exactly 73 days, and then fleeing their enemies they will go over the River Drina. These are times of hunger and great evil... Serbs will fight and butcher each other. The invading enemy looks upon Serbian evil hatred and laughs at us. A man with blue eyes on a white horse appears among our people. A star shines on his forehead. The evil enemy will hunt him all over our country, in the woods, over rivers and upon the sea, but in vain. The man will gather a mighty army and free occupied Belgrade. He will chase away the enemy from our country, and our kingdom will be bigger than ever. Russia will make an alliance with other great kingdoms over the seas, and they will burn down the crooked anti-cross and free all the enslaved people of Europe."
Historical Facts:• In Yugoslavia the Communist Party, led by Croatian communist Josip Broz Tito—the man with blue eyes on a white horse—started the resistance against the Germans and Italians as well as against the Serb and Croat nationalist extremists who were waging war against each other. The symbol of Tito’s Communist Party was a red star, which they wore on their hats.
• The first territory liberated by Tito and his army was the region around the city of Uzice. They held it against German and Italian forces for exactly 73 days, and then Tito and his army were forced to flee over the River Drina to Bosnia. Guerrilla war was fought all over Yugoslavia.
• By May 1945, the Germans were defeated by the alliance of the USSR, USA, UK and France, and by the end of the year Yugoslavia was united. Tito entered Belgrade on a white horse and made the Royal Palace his residence. Communist Yugoslavia was formed, and gained more territories from the neighbouring state of Italy.
- "Mitar told me that the man with blue eyes and the star upon his forehead would break the long-lasting love with our Christian Orthodox brothers, the Russians. He would not be grateful to them for the fact that he was sitting on our throne because they had put him there in the first place. A great hatred would erupt between us and the Russians. Blood would be spilled among our people. These wounds would be quickly healed and we would again be friends with the Russians, but never sincerely, only formally, pretending for the sake of others not to understand how we cheat and lie to each other."
Historical Facts:• In 1948, Tito refused to accept orders from USSR leader Joseph Stalin—the man who formed him politically in the early 1920s and sent him back to Yugoslavia to organise a communist party. The USSR denounced Tito, accusing him of major deviations from orthodox communist policy. Tito purged and executed members of his party who opposed this decision. Cordial relations with communist USSR resumed after Stalin’s death in 1953. Yugoslavia’s relationship with the democratic capitalist countries caused mistrust with the USSR.
- "After the Great War, peace will reign all over the world. Many new states will appear...black, white, red and yellow. An international court is formed, which does not allow countries to fight each other. This court will be above all kings. Where a war starts, the court will judge justly, trying to transform hatred and butchery into love and peace. The lucky ones who live to see these times will be more than happy."
Historical Facts:• In December 1945, the United Nations (UN) was established. Articles 33–38 of the charter authorize the Security Council to encourage disputing nations to settle their differences through peaceful means including negotiations, inquiry, mediation, conciliation, arbitration and judicial settlement.
• From 1946 to 1970, dozens of countries from Asia, Africa, the Middle East and South America achieved independence.
- "After a while some great kings, as well as some small ones, will start to fake their respect for the court while doing whatever they please... Many small wars will begin because of this... Thousands upon thousands will die, but there will be no big wars."
Historical Facts:• Korean War (1950–1953), Vietnam War (1959–1975), Afghanistan War (1979–1988), Nicaragua and the Iran–Contra scandal (1979–1989), etc.
- "There will be a few wars around the kingdom of Israel, but sooner or later the peace will come even there. In these wars, brothers fight brothers; then they make peace and kiss each other, but their hatred remains... All these small wars are initiated by the great kingdoms because of their wickedness and malice; those who fight and butcher each other do it because of their blind stupidity."
Historical Facts:• In 1947, the State of Israel was founded in the Middle East. In 1967, a war—known as the Six-Day War—broke out between Israel and its Arab neighbours. In 1975, civil war broke out in Lebanon, with involvement of the Iranians, Syrians, Palestinians and Israelis.
• Other wars included the Iraq–Iran War (1980–1988), the Iraq–Kuwait War (1991), etc.
- "In our country, the time of peace and prosperity will last for a long time. Many a generation will be born to live and die in peace, knowing about war only through wise books, words and different strange apparitions."
Historical Facts:• In 1965 and 1966, economic reforms in Yugoslavia produced what has been called an economic revolution. Total industrial production in 1957 increased by 70 per cent over that of 1953, and by 1966 it was more than double the 1957 figure. By 1967, prices had been stabilized, savings were increasing steadily and labour productivity had risen by about seven per cent.
• TV and radio enjoyed a great boom in the 1950s and 1960s.
- "Our kingdom will be strong and well loved and respected by everybody. People will eat only white bread and whole wheat just when they want to. Everybody will ride around in carts with no oxen. People will travel in the sky, looking down upon our land as if they had climbed on the doubled Tara Mountain."
Historical Facts:• There was economic prosperity, coupled with the introduction of the car, bus, van and air transportation (Yugoslavia started its own airline company).
- "Serbia will prosper best while the man with blue eyes on a white horse governs, one who will come to Serbia bringing some kind of new religion. He will ascend our throne, and will be strong and healthy, living a long life close to one hundred years. He will very much like to hunt, and one time while hunting he will accidentally fall from his white horse and thus lose his leg. From this wound he will die, not because of his great age."
Historical Facts:• Tito’s leadership brought economic prosperity and communism to Yugoslavia. Tito lived until 87 years of age (1892–1980). He did not have a hunting accident but he enjoyed horse-riding and hunting. The real cause of his death was diabetes, which caused his leg to be amputated.
- "After him our land will be governed by some kind of commission, but it will never be as it was. Even though the people in our kingdom will forget about misery and hunger and will live in great wealth, brother will start to hate and think evil of brother."
Historical Facts:• After Tito’s death, Yugoslavia was ruled by "collective presidency" until 1991. In the 1980s, tensions ran high in the southern Serbian province of Kosovo, which had become autonomous in 1968 after riots protesting against Serbian control. Seeking more independence and calling for a separate republic, the majority population of ethnic Albanians clashed with Serbians and Montenegrins throughout the decade.
- "On our borders and over them a new nation will appear. They will grow like grass after a deluge. They will be good and honest, and they will answer our hatred with reason. They will take care of each other like brothers. And we, because of our madness, shall think that we know everything and that we can do anything, and we shall baptize them with some new fate of ours, but all that will be in vain because they will believe only in themselves and in nobody else. Big trouble will come of it, because this nation will be brave."
Historical Facts:• After the parliaments of Croatia and Slovenia passed declarations of independence on 25 June 1991, the Yugoslavian Federal Government ordered the Serb-dominated army to suppress the secessionists. A 10-day war was fought in Slovenia, but ended with a Serb defeat. The war in Croatia lasted seven months, ending in January 1992. These secessions and the declaration of independence by the Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia in September 1991 marked the end of the de facto existence of Yugoslavia. The similar declaration by Bosnia and Herzegovina in March 1992, and the ensuing fighting, marked the outbreak of the Bosnian–Croatian–Serbian War.
- "Many summers this trouble will last, and nobody will be able to stop it, because that nation will grow like grass. One who will be born many summers after you will be honest and intelligent; he will deal with them in peace. We shall live in peace—they there, us here and there."
Historical Facts:• The Bosnian–Croatian–Serbian War lasted for five years (1991–1995). One of the major aspects of the conflict was international involvement, both diplomatic and military (by NATO). The international community took a series of limited measures including peace initiatives and peace plans. "They there, us here and there": after the war, ethnic Croatians lived only in Croatia while ethnic Serbs lived in both Serbia and Croatia.
- "You see, my godfather, when the world starts to live in peace and abundance after the Second Big War, all of that will be just a bitter illusion because many will forget God and they will worship only their own human intelligence... And do you know, my godfather, what is human intelligence compared to God’s will and knowledge? Not even a single drop in the ocean."
Historical Facts:• With the increase in scientific knowledge and the consequent scientific explanation of phenomena formerly considered supernatural, atheism became a more natural and less despised philosophical trend.
- "Men will build a box and within will be some kind of gadget with images, but they will not be able to communicate with me already dead, even though this image gadget will be as close to this other world as hairs on the human scalp are close to each other. With the help of this image gadget, man will be able to see everything that is happening all over the world."
Historical Facts:• Invention of television and the computer.
• Influence of the Internet, CNN, Al-Jazeera, Fox News, CCTV, etc.
• Searching Google with the search words "Ghost" and "Detector" takes us to this entry:
- "EMF Detectors. EMF detectors were designed to detect electromagnetic emissions from microwave ovens and high-tension electrical wires. EMF detectors alert investigators to the presence of ghosts by measuring electromagnetic distortion in the two to seven milligauss range. The models that come most highly recommended by paranormal investigators are the TriField EMF Detector and the TriField Natural EM."
- "People will drill wells deep in the ground and dig out gold, which will give them light, speed and power, and the Earth will shed tears of sorrow because there will be much more gold and light on its surface than in its interior. The Earth will suffer because of these open wounds. Instead of working in the fields, people will dig everywhere, in right and wrong places, but the real power will be all around them, not being able to tell them, ’Come on, take me; don’t you see that I am here, all around you?’ Only after many a summer, people will remember this real power, and then they will realize how stupid it was to dig all those holes."
Historical Facts:• Oil (petroleum), also known as "black gold", powers the car, electric generator, plane, etc. Exploration to find oilfields is an economically risky task, but in the 1980s the oil exploration technique was perfected, although the risks of discovering economically non-viable oilfields still existed. Oil experts have estimated that by 2050, world oil reserves will run dry.
- "This power will also be present in people, but it will take a long time before they discover it and use it. Thus man will live for a long, long time, not being able to know himself. There will be many learned men who will think, through their books, that they know and can do everything. They will be the great obstacle for this realization (self-knowledge), but once men get this knowledge then people will see what kind of delusion it was when they listened to their learned men. When that happens, people will be so sorry that they didn’t discover it before, because this knowledge is so simple.
"People will do many stupid things, thinking that they know and can do everything, not knowing anything. Wise men will appear in the Orient, and their wisdom will cross all seas and frontiers, but people will not trust this wisdom for a long time, and this real truth they will proclaim for a lie. Their souls will not be possessed by the Devil, but by something much worse. They will believe that their illusion is the real truth, although there will be no truth in their heads.
"Here at home it will be the same as all over the world. People will start to hate clean air and this divine freshness and all divine beauty, and will hide in rankness. Nobody will force them to do that, but they will do it of their own free will. Here in Kremna, many a field will become a meadow and many a home will be abandoned, but then those who have left will come back to heal themselves by breathing fresh air. In Serbia, it will not be possible to distinguish a man from a woman. Everybody will dress the same. This calamity will come to us from abroad, but it will stay with us the longest. A groom will take a bride, but nobody will know who is who. People will be lost and more and more senseless day by day. Men will be born not knowing who was their grandfather and great-grandfather. People will think that they know everything, but not a thing they will know."
Historical Facts:• As has been happening all over the world, people are leaving rural areas to seek jobs in the big cities. More women are having their hair cut short and are wearing trousers, as compared to the time of Tarabich. Children born out of wedlock has become commonplace.
- "The Serbs will separate from each other and they will say, ’I am not a Serb; I am not a Serb’. The unholy one will infiltrate this nation and bed with Serbian sisters, mothers and wives. He will sire such children that among the Serbs, since the beginning of the world, these will be the worst of offspring. Only weaklings will be born, and nobody will be strong enough to give birth to a real hero."
Historical Facts:• After the split of Yugoslavia into Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Kosovo, UN peacekeeping forces were stationed in the Balkan states. Most of them were male, so there was the possibility of their bedding Serbian females. Or this may refer to the widespread, systematic rapes during the Balkan War.
• The Serbs view those peacekeeping forces as foreign invaders that sided with Croatian, Bosnian and Albanian Muslims in Kosovo.
- "At one time we shall disappear from this land of ours. We shall go to the north, and then realising our stupid deed we shall return. When we come back, we shall wise up and chase away the unholy one, not to see him, in God’s name, ever again."
Historical Facts:• By the time the Balkan War ended in 1995, the Serbian, Croatian and Bosnian economies were ruined and there was widespread unemployment. Serbian, Croatian and Bosnian people have to go to Germany, Denmark, Belgium, etc. in the north to work. In Kosovo, Serbs have become refugees.
• As of June 2004, there were 200,000 Serb refugees from Kosovo, and only 80,000 Serbs remained in Kosovo. As of March 2004, KFOR in Kosovo had 19,000 troops from a peak of 50,000; and as of June 2004, SFOR in Bosnia had 7,000 troops from the peak of 60,000.
• As of June 2004, there was news from Kosovo that ethnic Albanians were chasing ethnic Serbs from Kosovo, using mob riots to destroy churches and houses belonging to the Serbs, while KFOR troops were behaving like lame ducks.
- "The whole world will be plagued by a strange disease and nobody will be able to find a cure; everybody will say, ’I know, I know, because I am learned and smart’, but nobody will know anything. People will think and think, but they will not be able to find the right cure, which will be with God’s help, all around them and in themselves.
- "Man will travel to other worlds to find lifeless deserts there, and still, God forgive him, he will think that he knows better than God himself. There, except for the eternal peace of God, he will see nothing, but he will sense with his heart and soul all of God’s beauty and power. People will drive in rigs upon the Moon and stars. They will look for life, but life similar to ours they will not find. It will be there, but they will not be able to understand it and see that it is life. One who goes there, God forgive him, not believing in God as it is proper for an honourable and decent person, when he comes back he will say, ’Oh, you people who mention God’s name with doubt, go there where I was; then you will see what is God’s mind and power’.
- "The more people will know, the less they will love and care for each other. Hatred will be so great between them that they will care more for their different gadgets than for their relatives. Man will trust his gadget more than his first neighbour...
- "Among people of a nation far in the north, a little man will appear who will teach men about love and compassion, but there will be many hypocrites around him so that he will have many ups and downs. Not one of these hypocrites will want to know what is real human grace, but his wise books will remain and all the words he will say, and then people will see how self-deceived they were.
- "Those who will read and write different books with numbers will think that they know the most. These learned men will let their lives be led by their calculations, and they will do and live exactly how these numbers tell them. Among these learned men there will be good and evil men. The evil ones will do evil deeds. They will poison air and water and spread pestilence over the seas, rivers and earth, and people will start to die suddenly of various ailments. Those good and wise will see that all this effort and hard work is not worth a penny and that it leads to the destruction of the world, and instead of looking for wisdom in numbers they will start to seek it in meditation."
- "When they start to meditate more, they will be closer to God’s wisdom, but it will be too late because the evil ones will already ravage the whole Earth and men will start to die in great numbers. Then people will run away from cities to the country and look for the mountains with three crosses, and there, inside, they will be able to breathe and drink water. Those who will escape will save themselves and their families, but not for long, because a great famine will appear. There will be plenty of food in towns and villages, but it will be poisoned. Many will eat because of hunger and die immediately. Those who will fast to the end will survive, because the Holy Ghost will save them and they will be close to God.
- "The greatest and the angriest will strike against the mightiest and the most furious! When this horrible war starts, woe to those armies that fly over skies; better off will be those who fight on ground and water.
- "People waging this war will have their scientists who will invent different and strange cannonballs. When they explode, these cannonballs instead of killing will cast a spell over all that lives—people, armies and livestock. This spell will make them sleep, and sleep they will instead of fighting, and after this they will come back to their senses.
- "We will not fight in this war, but others will do battle over our heads. Burning people will fall from the sky over Pozega [a town in Serbia]. Only one country at the end of the world, surrounded by great seas, as big as our Europe [Australia?], will live in peace, without any troubles... Upon it or over it, not a single cannonball will explode! Those who will run and hide in the mountains with three crosses will find shelter and will be saved to live after in abundance, happiness and love, because there will be no more wars..."