20 Quotes From a Genius:
1. "We have been all wrong! What we have called matter is energy, whose vibration has been lowered as to be perceptible to the senses."
2. "Time is not at all what it seems to be. It is not flowing in one direction, and the future exists simultaneously with the past."
3. "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
4. "Imagination is more important than knowledge."
5. "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
6. "The only real valuable thing is intuition." (Intuition comes from your higher self).
7. "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
8. "The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."
9. "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
10. "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
11. "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
12. "In order to be an immaculate member of a flock of sheep, one must above all be a sheep oneself."
13. "Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!"
14. "My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind."
15. "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
16. "The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."
17. "Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."
18. "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."
19. A human being is a part of a whole, called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
I've ALWAYS wondered how such a great man could give the formula which led us to the creation of such a destructive weapon: the atomic bomb. The following quote clarifies everything:
20. "The release of atom power has changed everything...except our way of thinking. The solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker."
I forgive and love you, Albert Einstein!